Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A letter to the Saint Sebastian parishioners...

September 2015
Hi Everyone!

It has been over a year since I have had a chance to write to you. During that time I made one of the best decisions of my life. I joined the choir! You know, singing in the choir is such an uplifting experience for me. I am able to “sing to the Lord” during Mass and enjoy the camaraderie of the choir members. What is even more important, I recently read where singing in the choir is good for your mental health as well. Doctors at a leading university were able, through experimentation, to show that people who sing in a choir tend to “feel better” as a result of immense endorphin production in the brain. I am not sure HOW it happens, but, hey, that is a good thing as far as I am concerned. And I know that happens to me!

So, with these benefits, all as a result of choral singing, why not come and be part of the Saint Sebastian Choir? We sing at the 11:00 AM Mass on Sundays and practice Wednesday evenings. Everyone is asked to attend as often as possible. However, if work, or another commitment conflicts, it is OK to miss practice. Gene, our director, is a very understanding guy!!

So, let me close by saying it is great to write to everyone again. And yes, it is great to be able to be part of such a great group of people. Finally, Saint Sebastian choir practice begins on Wednesday evening, September 9 at 6:29 PM. If you like to sing, and if you are high school age or older, please make a “note” about September 9. It really will make you feel good! God bless you all!

Sincerely,
Joyne de Kwyre